75 Best Inspiring Quotes on Communication in the Workplace
Good communication is crucial when working on set, and quotes on communication in the workplace can inspire us to communicate better. Communication skills are essential skills that team members need, and poor communication can cause a lot of problems and pose a threat to workplace safety on set.
Some of my worst days working on set were a result of poor communication.
Team communication is the most important thing for team collaboration. A lot of the details for achieving the common goal of getting the day’s work can be lost with bad communication.
The best way to move forward in our careers is through better communication about what we have to offer and what we want to achieve. We all have the potential to be great communicators with a little hard work, and it’s one of the most important skills we can have.
Business leaders and leaders in our industry understand the importance of communication. They know the only way of building trust with any group of people is to communicate with them on a daily basis.
The best team communication quotes offer words of encouragement to improve the quality of every part of your life. Having a good relationship at work or at home adds to the strength of the team.
Here are seventy-five of the best communication quotes to inspire communication in the workplace:
The following quotes remind us that we need effective communication to build a successful team.
1. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw
2. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” H.E. Luccock
3. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.” Mark Sanborn
4. “Effective teamwork begins and ends with communication.” Mike Krzyzewski
5. “A successful team is a group of many hands and one mind.” Bill Bethel
6. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” Ken Blanchard
7. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” Phil Jackson
8. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” Henry Ford
9. “Many of us are more capable than some of us, but none of us is as capable as all of us.” Tom Wilson
10. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” African proverb
11. “Good communication is the bridge between confusion and clarity.” Nat Turner
12. “Effective communication is a key element of successful teamwork.” Michael Jordan
13. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” Patrick Lencioni
14. “Communication is the fuel that keeps the fire of teamwork burning.” Unknown
15. “If you want to be successful in business, you need to have great communication skills.” Jack Welch
16. “Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.” Jim Rohn
17. “Communication is the key to success in any team, whether it’s a sports team or a business team.” Tony Dungy
18. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” Isaac Newton
19. “It’s important to make sure that we’re talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.” Barack Obama
20. “You don’t win alone. That’s just how it is.” Tobio Kageyama
21. “Communicate in a respectful manner. Don’t just tell your team members what you want, but explain to them why.” Jeffrey Morales
22. “Unity is strength. . .and when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” Mattie Stepanek
23. “Effective communication is essential for building trust and understanding in any organization.” Stephen Covey
24. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the work of others.” Norman Shidle
25. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” Michael Jordan
26. “Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.” Stephen Hawking
Active Listening Quotes
Communication can’t take place without active listening.
27. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.” Peter F. Drucker
28. “The best way to communicate is to listen.” Lee Iacocca
29. “If you have nothing to say, say nothing.” Mark Twain
30. “Two monologues do not make a dialog.” Jeff Daly
31. “ When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.” Ernest Hemingway
32. “Communication is a two-way street. Listen to others and then you’ll be heard.” Majorie Pat Hinckley
33. “Effective communication is 90% listening and 10% talking.” Deborah Bull
34. “Every act of communication is a miracle of translation.” Ken Liu
35. “Good communication is a two-way street. It involves both talking and listening.” Michael Hyatt
36. “Communication sometimes is not what you first hear, listen not just to the words, but listen for the reason.” Catherine Pulsifer
37. “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.” Bernard Baruch
38. “There is only one rule for being a good talker – learn to listen.” Christopher Morley
39. “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk.” Doug Larson
Great leaders who want to build solid teams and affect change must be great communicators.
40. “The art of communication is the language of leadership.” James Humes
41. “The ability to communicate is an essential skill that every leader must possess.” Richard Branson
42. “The most powerful tool of leadership is communication.” John C. Maxwell
43. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” Oliver Wendell Holmes
44. “Communication is not just about words; it’s also about emotions, body language, and tone of voice.” Sheryl Sandberg
45. “Make sure to communicate your idea quickly and keep it straight to the point.” Paul Bailey
46. “Communicate unto the other person that which you want him to communicate unto you if your positions were reversed.” Aaron Goldman
47. “Effective leadership begins with effective communication.” Asa Don Brown
48. “The two words information and communication are often used interchangeably, but they mean quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through.” Sydney J. Harris
Quality of Life Communication Quotes
Communication is essential in every area of our lives, not just our work lives.
49. “The quality of communication is the quality of life.” Anthony Robbins
50. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.” Brian Tracy
51. “Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening.” Emma Thompson
52. “Communication is the lifeline of any relationship. Without it, the relationship will struggle to survive.” Tony Gaskins
53. “Although we live in an information technology age, we often find ourselves in failure to communicate situations.” Johnny Tan
54. “Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” Anne Morrow Lindbergh
55. “Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing.” Rollo Reece May
56. “Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.” Lou Rawls
57. “The more we elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate.” John Boynton Priestley
58. “I think for any relationship to be successful, there needs to be loving communication, appreciation, and understanding.” Miranda Kerr
59. “The best speakers in the world are the best storytellers. They have a gift to not only tell a great story, but also share a lot of the details that many others wouldn’t.” Larry Hagner
60. “Not the fastest horse can catch a word spoken in anger.” Chinese Proverb
The best motivational speakers and writers excel at inspiring us to improve our communication skills.
61. “A lot of problems in the world would be solved if we talked to each other instead of about each other.” Nickey Gumbel
62. “Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.” Paul J. Meyer
63. “We are stronger when we listen, and smarter when we share.” Rania Al-Abdullah
64. “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Vidal Sassoon
65. “Tough times don’t last. Tough teams do.” Robert Schuller
66. “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” Harry Truman
67. “Words should be used as tools of communication, not as a substitute for action.” Anonymous
68. “Of all the life skills available to us, communication is perhaps the most empowering.” Bret Morrison
69. “Communication is your ticket to success if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.” Theo Gold
70. “Your ability to communicate is an important tool in your pursuit of your goals, whether it’s with your family, your co-workers or your clients and customers.” Les Brown
71. “Conversation is king. Content is just something to talk about.” Cory Doctorow
72. “We may all have come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
73. “Communication works for those who work at it.” John Powell
74. “Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller
75. “Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.” Walt Disney
I hope you found some of these quotes on communication in the workplace inspiring.
Great things can happen in our work environment when we master the art of communication. If you work on set, you know the greatest problem can often be poor communication because important information doesn’t get to the people who need it.
Effective communication is also essential for conflict resolution at home and in the workplace. We also need better communication for safer sets, and it would be wise to have some safety quotes around the workplace to reinforce a culture of safety there, too.
When I was interviewing to become a trainee in the industry, a group of us was given a task to complete, and we were observed to see who was communicating well and who was not. The best communicators made it to the next round. Soft skills like communication should not be underestimated as it’s a crucial skill for any successful team.
At the end of the day, we’ll get better results and build strong relationships when we’re able to move beyond ineffective communication.
Great motivational speakers and the best leaders know that communication is an important life skill, and it’s the main reason they’re so successful.
Great leaders in today’s world must be great communicators to have a positive impact.
There’s no such thing as achieving great success on our own. We all need the help of others to succeed.
To paraphrase Babe Ruth, the greatest bunch of individual stars don’t make a team. We can all improve our communication skills in the workplace to improve not just our own success but the success of any team or film crew we work on.